Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Late Start to my WBT Blog

     This is my new Whole Brain Teaching blog.  I began WBT over 2 years ago when I decided to make the jump from teaching music to teaching general ed.  I knew I needed help with the transition, and in my search for support I stumbled upon the WBT website and videos.  I watched the basic videos introducing "class/yes" and "teach/ok".  Check them out here at www.wholebrainteaching.com/videos.html.  The next day, I gave it a trial run in a second grade music class.  I was amazed at the result!  The students were engaged, and everyone was participating and happy.  It instantly changed my teaching, and I knew that I could make the switch to classroom teaching. 
     Fast forward two years and I am thrilled to be in my second year of teaching 3rd grade with WBT.  5 conferences and many webcasts later, I am constantly excited to go in on a Monday and try new things I have learned.  This weekend, I attended the Math and Reading conference (for the 2nd time) in La Quinta.  I love how every time I attend conferences, I come away energized to try new things, or tweak things I am already using.   Here are some of the things that are new to me this year that I will blog about in the upcoming weeks:
  • Super Improvers Wall
  • Power Pics Wall
  • Genius Ladder
  • Oral Writing/Punctuation
Just to name a few!

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Arah,
    It was a pleasure meeting you at the conference. I am excited to hear about your journey as you venture into becoming a model classroom. We would love to see pics of your walls!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete